Good morning everyone,
Our attendance is really improving- thank you all for your support with this. Each week in assembly we read out the percentages for each class and award individual certificates.
Year 1 have a non-uniform day for 100% attendance next Friday 10th March.
Final call– Parent Questionnaire- I have 14 returned so far.
Please help by returning your parent questionnaire- thank you. This will help me to plan for future developments.
Have a good day
Remember if children read at least 3 times in the week (proposed 3 x to encourage more children )and have their reading diary signed they can earn stickers on their chart. These stickers earn the children a prize for each milestone they hit. We will also feature their photo in the school hall and in this news post. So please support your child to read as much as possible. Thank you.
Thursday 9th March- Queen Canopy tree planting in school
Tuesday 14th March- Y6 to Crucial Crew
15th and 16th- potential strike days
15th March- Mother’s day event
Friday 17th – Red Nose Day
Thursday 30th- Bring a decorated egg to school and Easter disco.
Friday 31st March- Easter bonnet decorating competition.
Friday 31st March- End of term. School closes until Monday 17th April
Monday 17th April- return to school.
I have been asked if we are having an egg decorating competition this year —- YES!
Please bring decorated eggs to the school hall on Thursday March 30th- thank you.
Draft homework policy
We discussed our draft homework policy with the school. Our next steps is to take feedback from parents, pupils and teachers. More information soon.
We have decided to encourage more children to get onto our Reading Challenge board by awarding stickers for those that read at least 3 days per week. Please help your child by signing their reading diary- thank you.
We will be awarding hours to children who volunteer in school for example as a Playground Leader, Eco or School Councillor.
- Children receive a BRONZE certificate when children have collected 30 hours in their Passport to Learning.
- The next one will be a SILVER certificate for 65 hours.
- Then a GOLD certificate for 100 hours.
- Thereafter, children will then get certificates at every stage of 30, 65 and 100 hours after that, all the way up to 1,000 hours!
- Children only need to collect 30 hours in their passport to be invited to our Children’s University Graduation!
- Children will be invited to the annual CU graduation ceremony held at Doncaster College & University Centre.
- Children wear a mortar board cap and gown and are presented with a special graduation certificate.
- Families, friends and teachers are invited, with talks from guest speakers and performances where possible