Good morning everyone,
I hope you had a good weekend and fingers crossed that the weather will continue to improve. This week Year 6 children will take part in testing in preparation for their end of year tests. They will also visit Crucial Crew https://www.lifewise999.co.uk/
Don’t forget our Mother’s Day event later on in the week and Red Nose day on Friday (donation of £1.00) School Council would also like to hold a cake sale so any donations gratefully received- thank you.
Have a good day.
Remember if children read at least 3 times in the week (proposed 3 x to encourage more children )and have their reading diary signed they can earn stickers on their chart. These stickers earn the children a prize for each milestone they hit. We will also feature their photo in the school hall and in this news post. So please support your child to read as much as possible. Thank you.
Tuesday 14th March- Y6 to Crucial Crew
15th and 16th- potential strike days- school open as normal
15th March- Mother’s day event
Friday 17th – Red Nose Day
Thursday 30th- Bring a decorated egg to school and Easter disco.
Friday 31st March- Easter bonnet decorating competition.
Friday 31st March- End of term. School closes until Monday 17th April
Monday 17th April- return to school.
Draft homework policy
We discussed our draft homework policy with the school. Our next steps is to take feedback from parents, pupils and teachers. More information soon.
We have decided to encourage more children to get onto our Reading Challenge board by awarding stickers for those that read at least 3 days per week. Please help your child by signing their reading diary- thank you.
We will be awarding hours to children who volunteer in school for example as a Playground Leader, Eco or School Councillor.
- Children receive a BRONZE certificate when children have collected 30 hours in their Passport to Learning.
- The next one will be a SILVER certificate for 65 hours.
- Then a GOLD certificate for 100 hours.
- Thereafter, children will then get certificates at every stage of 30, 65 and 100 hours after that, all the way up to 1,000 hours!
- Children only need to collect 30 hours in their passport to be invited to our Children’s University Graduation!
- Children will be invited to the annual CU graduation ceremony held at Doncaster College & University Centre.
- Children wear a mortar board cap and gown and are presented with a special graduation certificate.
- Families, friends and teachers are invited, with talks from guest speakers and performances where possible