Good morning everyone,
Finally a cold start! We enjoyed our Children In Need day. Thank you for your support with this.
Don’t forget to check our Christmas dates below
Have a good day.
Some children from Year 4, 5, and 6 have chosen to take part in Young Voices. Other children from Years 1-3 have also decided to join a singing club during lunchtimes.
To assist the children in learning the songs, I have attached a link to the songs we will be singing. Listening to these at home will familiarize them with the songs.
The Young Voices Choir · Album · 2022 · 10 songs.
The songs can also be found if you search Young Voices 2022-23 Songs.
I will send a separate message to those taking part in Young Voices, regarding tickets.
Book at Bedtime
Message from Mrs Fletcher
As the nights draw in, we are giving you the perfect opportunity to snuggle up and keep warm together. The next half term, right up until the Christmas break, will be our ‘Book at Bedtime’ term! This will be a competition, encouraging everyone to share a book before bed. This could be older children reading to younger siblings, Parents reading to their children or children reading to Parents. We ask that, for the whole term, a book is shared at bedtime and you sign the calendar, that your child will bring home. At the end of the half term, we ask that the calendars are returned to school, fully signed, and they will be entered in to a special draw for a lovely prize. There will be 2 prizes; for EYFS/KS1 and for KS2.
In addition, we will loan out school books from our new library, in order for children to be fully engaged in the books shared.
At Denaby Main Primary, we believe that reading/sharing books together is fundamental in developing a long-lasting love for books that enhances children’s vocabulary, their imagination and their writing skills.
Thank you for your continued support. Happy reading..
If you haven’t signed up then please return your letter so your child can take part. Attendance at lunchtime or after school clubs will earn your child a stamp on their record. These will be added up over the year so that your child can attend the graduation ceremony.
- Receive a BRONZE certificate when children have collected 30 hours in their Passport to Learning.
- The next one will be a SILVER certificate for 65 hours.
- Then a GOLD certificate for 100 hours.
- Thereafter, children will then get certificates at every stage of 30, 65 and 100 hours after that, all the way up to 1,000 hours!
- Children only need to collect 30 hours in their passport to be invited to our Children’s University Graduation!
- Children will be invited to the annual CU graduation ceremony held at Doncaster College & University Centre.
- Children wear a mortar board cap and gown and are presented with a special graduation certificate.
- Families, friends and teachers are invited, with talks from guest speakers and performances where possible
Class PE days
Remember if children read at least 4 times in the week and have their reading diary signed they can earn stickers on their chart. These stickers earn the children a prize for each milestone they hit. We will also feature their photo in the school hall and in this news post. So please support your child to read as much as possible. Thank you.
Below is a handy guide for parents of children in Years 1 and 2.
Thur 1st Dec – Xmas movie night – 3.15 to 5pm
Friday 2nd Dec – Online Panto
Tues 6th Dec – Breakfast with Santa- Christmas jumpers worn
Wed 7th Dec – KS1 Nativity 2pm
Thurs 8th Dec – KS1 Nativity 9.30am- a repeat performance so that morning Nursery children can participate
Thurs 8th Dec – Xmas fair – 2pm until 3:15pm
Wednesday 14th Dec – Xmas dinner day & Xmas jumper day
Thursday 15th Dec- 2.30pm – Christmas carol service