Good morning everyone,
Don’t forget non uniform (number themed) today and a £1.00 donation for the NSPCC
Music of the week
Young Voices concert.
Well done to the children who represented Denaby Main at the YV concert last night.
Eco Council meeting
Yesterday we continued with our posters highlighting energy and water savings.
Have a good day and a relaxing weekend
School Council News
Miss Davies (Safeguarding Lead and Families officer) through working with our families identified target areas that will engage and support the community. These include:
· Personal Support – clothes stop, food, meal support, hygiene products, sanitary products, cleaning products, nappies and baby food. We are also wanting to invite services in order to be able to signpost struggling families to local support and professional services, we could like to hold fund raising events and coffee mornings. If you have any ideas that you would like to put forward, please let Miss Davies know.
Thank you again for your continued support
Draft homework policy
We discussed our draft homework policy with the school. Our next steps is to take feedback from parents, pupils and teachers. More information soon.
We have decided to encourage more children to get onto our Reading Challenge board by awarding stickers for those that read at least 3 days per week. Please help your child by signing their reading diary- thank you.
Our new French phrases
Je voudrais manger un croissant s’il vous plait
(Please can I have a croissant)
We will be awarding hours to children who volunteer in school for example as a Playground Leader, Eco or School Councillor.
- Children receive a BRONZE certificate when children have collected 30 hours in their Passport to Learning.
- The next one will be a SILVER certificate for 65 hours.
- Then a GOLD certificate for 100 hours.
- Thereafter, children will then get certificates at every stage of 30, 65 and 100 hours after that, all the way up to 1,000 hours!
- Children only need to collect 30 hours in their passport to be invited to our Children’s University Graduation!
- Children will be invited to the annual CU graduation ceremony held at Doncaster College & University Centre.
- Children wear a mortar board cap and gown and are presented with a special graduation certificate.
- Families, friends and teachers are invited, with talks from guest speakers and performances where possible
Remember if children read at least 3 times in the week (proposed 3 x to encourage more children )and have their reading diary signed they can earn stickers on their chart. These stickers earn the children a prize for each milestone they hit. We will also feature their photo in the school hall and in this news post. So please support your child to read as much as possible. Thank you.
Friday 3rd February- NSPCC Number Day
Monday 6th February- Children’s Mental Health week
Friday 10th February- End of Term
Monday 20th February – New term